Civ5: One Day To Fly

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Civ5: One Day To Fly

Post by Dr. Corday » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:21 pm

I knew this would happen, Monty starts building up forces on my border.
Civ5Screen0000-0001.jpg
Civ5Screen0000-0001.jpg (212.93 KiB) Viewed 13710 times
And then, yes you guessed it, he declares war on me!
Civ5Screen0002-0003.jpg
Civ5Screen0002-0003.jpg (169.27 KiB) Viewed 13710 times
I spent the next several turns building archers so I could crush his Aztec arse. Of course, I forgot that to send in units that could actually TAKE his stupid city. That was a major setback. It took far too long but I took his stupid Tenochtitlan. He still has another city to the north it looks like. I think getting bogged down in this war was a bad thing.
Civ5Screen0008-0009.jpg
Civ5Screen0008-0009.jpg (158.64 KiB) Viewed 13710 times
I did manage to complete the Temple of Artemis and the Great Library. Here's the big picture so far:
Civ5Screen0009-0010.jpg
Civ5Screen0009-0010.jpg (34.49 KiB) Viewed 13710 times
I don't know if I'll try to finish Monty off or not. I'm thinking I need to because he'll just continue to be a pain.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

UWF Baseball - 2011 NCAA National Champions! Go Argos!

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 am

It's time to continue on. First, I'm going to take a look at the current situation. It's been a while and it looks like I need to get back on track fast. My biggest decision is whether or not to continue the war against Monty. Here's where I currently stand:
overview.jpg
overview.jpg (197.51 KiB) Viewed 13473 times
I'm still paying for the army I used to crush the Aztecs. If I continue the war I'm going to have to find out how to pay for that army soon! As for happiness, most of that is coming from occupied Tenochtitlan. I'll pause again here while I try to think of how to get back on track. Any suggestions? :readit:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

Grifftavian

Post by Grifftavian » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 pm

The :pissed: in the occupied Aztec city can be mitigated with a Courthouse. IIRC need Mathematics to build a Courthouse.

I believe Washington & NY both had Silver, didn't they? Suggest you bee-line your research to Currency and build both a Market & a Mint in Washington & NY to help out your Treasury.
Grifftavian
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."
- Confucius

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Grifftavian wrote:The :pissed: in the occupied Aztec city can be mitigated with a Courthouse. IIRC need Mathematics to build a Courthouse.
Yes, this I have to do. I've switched my research over to Mathematics so that I can do just that. :goodwork:
As I move my troops on towards the next Aztec city, Monty wants peace:
1MontyPeace.jpg
1MontyPeace.jpg (177.08 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
I decide to refuse. I want to be rid of him. It turns out he has only once more city left, Teotihuacan.
2Teotihuacan.jpg
2Teotihuacan.jpg (230.18 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
I try my best to take it but it's just too difficult. I'm losing units, money, science and time. I decide to go ahead an negotiate peace with the lunatic.
3MontyPeace.jpg
3MontyPeace.jpg (190.93 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
He accepts and I begin to rebuild my empire. As I do Monty denounces me so I go ahead and denounce him right back. I really wish I could have destroyed him. Maybe soon. And the I am greeted by, that's right, the equally psychopathic Greeks!!! :run:
5greeks.jpg
5greeks.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
Reaching Alpha Centauri is looking less and less likely. :-( And with my current financial situation, I am not gaining any science at all! :gaah:
6noscience.jpg
6noscience.jpg (276.83 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
I must keep Monty and the Greeks at bay while I fix my situation. Who knows what lies ahead...
-Sherlock Holmes

Grifftavian

Post by Grifftavian » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 pm

How close are the Greeks? Are they on your continent, or did they make contact via a Trireme?

Have you tried changing most or all of your city governors to "Gold Focus" to help your Treasury?
Grifftavian
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."
- Confucius

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 am

Grifftavian wrote:How close are the Greeks? Are they on your continent, or did they make contact via a Trireme?
Contact by trireme. I have no idea how close they really are.
Grifftavian wrote:Have you tried changing most or all of your city governors to "Gold Focus" to help your Treasury?
Not yet. I generally don't like using governors but will in some cases. This is starting to look like one of those cases. :lol:
-Sherlock Holmes