Dr. Who

Talk about whatever
Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dr. Who

Post by Dr. Corday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Just a quick update, I've started season 15 and watched Horror of Fang Rock last night. I really love Tom Baker as the Doctor. I also like Leela way more than Sarah. I like how she's not afraid of anything. I also like the fact the writers remember that she is from a different time an culture.
More to come. I should probably pause at some point and post overall thoughts to date since I'm not reviewing each episode one by one anymore. :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

UWF Baseball - 2011 NCAA National Champions! Go Argos!

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm now up to Serial 100, The Stones of Blood. It seems that a common theme in a lot of these episodes is robed, secret cults of evil. I said it before, but the stories are for the most part very basic good vs evil with the classic bad guys.
Now, back to 1978!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Just getting ready to start Season 18! I'm kind of sad knowing this is the last season with Tom Baker. What will the fifth incarnation of the Doctor be like? :h:
I'm also kind of over Romana and hope she gets replaced with a new companion soon. And K9 is nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be. :mrgreen:
-Sherlock Holmes

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 am

Yet another quick update. I've finished watching the all of the Fifth Doctor episodes and even worked my way up to The Two Doctors.
Concerning the Fifth Doctor I did like him a lot more than I thought I would. I did not like Tegan or Turlough as companions though.
As for the Sixth Doctor, so far he is my least favorite. And Peri? She almost makes me wish for Tegan again. When will another decent companion show up? :h:
-Sherlock Holmes

Grifftavian

Post by Grifftavian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Dr. Corday wrote:When will another decent companion show up? :h:
So who is your favorite companion so far? Humans only, K-9 doesn't count! :nono:

Other than Tom Baker's Doctor, I haven't seen very many of the early Doctor Who episodes. I've have seen most of the newer episodes, starting with the 9th Doctor. IMO, some good companions with the 9th & 10th Doctor, but I won't spoil it for you by naming them now.
Grifftavian
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."
- Confucius

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 am

Grifftavian wrote:
Dr. Corday wrote:When will another decent companion show up? :h:
So who is your favorite companion so far? Humans only, K-9 doesn't count! :nono:

Other than Tom Baker's Doctor, I haven't seen very many of the early Doctor Who episodes. I've have seen most of the newer episodes, starting with the 9th Doctor. IMO, some good companions with the 9th & 10th Doctor, but I won't spoil it for you by naming them now.
Leela! I like that she was so different from the other companions. Her wanting to use violence to solve problems was a good offset to the Doctor. :mrgreen:
-Sherlock Holmes

Dr. Corday
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dr. Corday » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 am

I've finished the Sixth Doctor and have started with the Seventh. So far I still rank the Sixth Doctor as my least favorite. It's too early to comment on the Seventh but I'm getting a strong Columbo vibe from him. :P
On an interesting note, the Seventh Doctor was actually the first Doctor that I watched. He appeared in the beginning of the 1996 Doctor Who movie. The 1996 Doctor Who movie was going to launch a new Doctor Who series in the US but it never came about. I actually liked the movie but I understand a lot of Who fans did not. Now that I'm getting close to watching it again (I'm getting close to the Eighth Doctor!) I'm curious to see if I will still like it as much.
-Sherlock Holmes